cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Create FTP Client in C sdk ?

mpatel-21
2-Guest

Create FTP Client in C sdk ?

Hello Expert,

I want to create FTP Client Using Thingworx C SDK (which is use for device) who work for Upload  a device log file to FTP Server and Communicate with Thingworx Mashup.

If you have any code or suggestion please let me know.

Thanks,

MP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mpatel-21)

What you are suggesting to do sounds a bit confusing. the EMS technology features file transfer capabilities, so you wouldn't need to use FTP.

If you need the Thingworx platform to be able to do FTP, there are some extensions in the Market place you can look into.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mpatel-21)

What you are suggesting to do sounds a bit confusing. the EMS technology features file transfer capabilities, so you wouldn't need to use FTP.

If you need the Thingworx platform to be able to do FTP, there are some extensions in the Market place you can look into.

How can i acces the content of a file in the ftp server if we suppose that this file contains sensor's value stored in it ?

If you think about thingworx then you need to parse that data using make a service in thingworx. And another solution is directly send sensor value(Using remote thing) to thingworx using thingworx SDK.

Thanks,

MP

I cant send sensor values directly because the provider of the sensors didnt' provide us with the informations concerning the microcontroller in the sensor, so we couldn't implement an EMS in this sensor. We have to go through their ftp server wich hold the sensor's data. that s why i wanted to create some kind of service that will acces that ftp sever and grab data, i found a service that could read the file contents, now i have to retrieve the values within the text.

Hello,

You can access this sensor value using FTP client in thingworx and parse this sensor value using thingworx JavaScript service.

Thanks,

Mayank

Top Tags