cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Are subscriptions rerun on server restart regardless of when they were scheduled to run ?

vmihai
1-Newbie

Are subscriptions rerun on server restart regardless of when they were scheduled to run ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Veronica,

I though you where asking about triggering all the times that the Scheduler/Timer should be triggered when "offline", for the case you are speaking yes I think you are right. This is happening too on 6.5

Carles.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

No.

Hi Carles,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I am referring to subscriptions to Timers in particular. I noticed this behavior is happening at least on ThingWorx 5.4. If I have a subscription to a timer in which I log something for example, you will notice that when the ThingWorx server is restarted that log will appear in the Script Monitoring immediately upon server restart, regardless when the subscription to that timer was last ran. I thought this might happen because the context for the timer is reinitialized about server restart and it loses the information about when it was last time triggered...I don't know if this should be considered a normal behavior or not...

On what version of ThingWorx have you noticed that subscriptions are not rerun when the server is restarted ?

Thank you,

Veronica

Hi Veronica,

I though you where asking about triggering all the times that the Scheduler/Timer should be triggered when "offline", for the case you are speaking yes I think you are right. This is happening too on 6.5

Carles.

Top Tags