cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unable to complete developer tour

bneuson
1-Newbie

Unable to complete developer tour

When trying to complete the developer tour, I receive the following message on my chrome dev console -

Unable To Write assemblyLastStep on billy@twisthink.com - Invalid Property : assemblyLastStep in billy@twisthink.com

This is a response generated by a 404 error received when the "next" button is clicked in the demo sequence.

4 REPLIES 4
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:bneuson)

Can you open Developer Tools and see if there are any errors in the console there?

Yes, the log console is riddled with HTTP cookie validation errors. I am accessing a test instance through DevWorx​, it looks like my browser isn't sending appropriate cookies - or the thingworx instance is unable to validate them for some other reason.

The last error seen is

2016-06-01 17:04:49

ERROR

Error occurred while validating HTTP header: cookie

E.c.t.s.f.ValidatingHttpRequest

http-bio-8080-exec-23

ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:bneuson)

Ok, so this is apparently a known bug in the Developer Zone application which is resolved in the new version they are rolling out Monday, which will completely replace the old version. There is also an issue where when you quit out and re-enter a module, it won't remember where you were or let you skip ahead (despite showing how many modules were completed right there on the launch screen).

I'd check out the new site on Monday and see if that works better.

Top Tags