cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

My Infotables properties are not persistant

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

My Infotables properties are not persistant

Hi Guys, I've recently migrated from TW6.5 to 7.1. I have an issue with properties - Infotable to more precise. They are not persistent even if they are marked as such.

I know that Infotables are more or less a memory data type, but I hoped that if I mark them as 'persistent' they will be. Wierd think is that on 6.5 i cannot recall that my infotables would went empty after system reboot. At least I think so.

Buttom line, I am using Infotable type for configuration purposes, they are containing URLs and their respective properties. I am iterating through this table making HTTP requests to target system, whilst retrieving response and so on....

Is there any way how to make my Infotables persistent? Other than flush them into some variables and fill them back after restart?

Thanks..

Tomas  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Infotable Property market as Persistent, should be persistent, if not it's a bug and PTC should correct it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
vmihai
1-Newbie
(To:tcoufal)

Hi Tomas,

I had this problem with an infotable on TWX 7.0 and TWX 6.6. It didn't happen with all the my infotable properties, but it did happen for several of them, maybe the configuration of the thing was the problem... I haven't looked too much into it. I ended up using datatables instead of infotables, the replacement was quick and clean and I didn't have to worry about persistency of data since then .

Hope this helps,

Veronica

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:vmihai)

Hi Veronica,

yep, as far as I recall that did not happen at TW6.5 (I might be mistaken though).

Anyhow, DataTable could be the way to go, but I would need to create a separate Data table for every single Thing. That might be a problem once I scale. Also Infotable Properties are 'Thing based'. Data tables are Things on their own. This different approach might oppose a problem for me. I am not sure though. Or am I completely mistaken?

Thanks

Tomas 

vmihai
1-Newbie

Hey Tomas,

No, you are not mistaken. It is true that DataTables are things of their own and you would need one for each Thing that has an infotable as property. You could create a service that creates and add entries to your datatables automatically from your current infotable properties. I only had three infotables to replace with datatables and so I didn't run into scaling issues . One other issue you might face is if you have used the infotable properties in mashups form the getProperties service of your Things, you would need to replace that with a call to the getDataTableEntries for the datatable you need, you might even need to simulate a dynamic service, one that serves you up the datatable you need based on the thing that datatable is associated with. It depends on your scenario of course.

Veronica

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

So is there any way how to create a persistent InfoTable type by default?

I understand that InfoTable is basically a memory type, but marking any property as 'persistent' should make that property persistent.. If this does not apply to any part (data type) of ThingWorx platform, it should be specifically noted. Otherwise it creates a non-consistency.

Tomas    

Infotable Property market as Persistent, should be persistent, if not it's a bug and PTC should correct it.

Tomas, hi,

I suggest opening a Tech Support case for this.

Best regards,

Will do..

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

It seems that it has been taken care off.

TW7.1.1 Release notes:

Fixed an issue that was preventing a user’s infotable property value from being retained. TW-6594

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

strangely enough i cannot find release on TW 7.1.1, i am feeling like i'm losing my mind. I have read this in official release notes few days ago, but they are gone. What is going on?

Top Tags