cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pass a parameter to a gadget

nadams1
3-Visitor

Pass a parameter to a gadget

I have a gadget with a gauge on it. I want the user to be able to select which property is displayed from a given list. How do I do this? Can I do this?

To provide a bit more context my thing has two battries I want to show the current capacity of the battries individually. Obviously I could just duplicate the gadget and amend it to look at the second property but I want to be able to get the user to specify the property (from the provided ones for the battery capicity) making the gadget library less cumbersome. (I have numerous examples of this).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nick,

When you add a Gadget to a Dashboard it copies the context ( parameter values ) from where it was showed, on this context ( A mashup ) you can put a selector for the battery, and pass this battery id to the Gadget ( Gadget can have parameters ) , then when the user taps on the button "Add Gadget" from the gadget itself it will have the correct battery id to show.

Best Regards,

Carles.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Nick,

When you add a Gadget to a Dashboard it copies the context ( parameter values ) from where it was showed, on this context ( A mashup ) you can put a selector for the battery, and pass this battery id to the Gadget ( Gadget can have parameters ) , then when the user taps on the button "Add Gadget" from the gadget itself it will have the correct battery id to show.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Thanks, that worked a treat.

Top Tags