cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Issue while connecting to Thingworx 6.5

ssubramanian-5
1-Newbie

Issue while connecting to Thingworx 6.5

I installed Thingworx 6.5 as per the installation document. However, when I start Tomcat after deploying the war file, I get the following error

"com.thingworx.common.exceptions.ModelAccessException: ERROR: relation "root_entity_collection" does not exist   Position: 24"

I saw some posts related to the same and I corrected the postgresql.conf file as well

I also ensured that the thingworx folders are in the root folder (C Drive) with all access.

I also ensured that the modelproviderconfig.json is configured properly  (the password is the same in the database as well in the json file)

I have attached my catalina and thingworx logs as well. Please let me know what could be the issue here.

6 REPLIES 6

Sriram, can you try running the schema scripts again? Do you have a thingworx database and tablespace?

I'll try running the schema. Yes, I verified that the Database and the tables are created.

Can you try deploying a different version of ThingWorx? Is this the base 6.5 version or is it a specific patch? (6.5.1, 6.5.2 etc)

I reinstalled it in a different machine and it worked. The machine I installed had Windchill in it and I used the JDK that was installed with Windchill for this. Probably, the issue could be because of that. I installed it fresh in a machine where there was no Windchill in it and it worked. Thanks for your help. I installed ThingWorx 6.5.1 and then upgraded it to 7.1 SP2 now.

Glad to see that worked! I will still look into this specific error to just check and understand what could've caused it; as it failed with root_entity_collection.

Please keep in mind the architectural changes with 7.0+ and the change of the configuration file format for Postgresql (modelproviderconfig vs platform-settings)

Top Tags