cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Execute service which requires Administrative group membership

jacekgra
1-Newbie

Execute service which requires Administrative group membership

I would like to have ability to execute service which terminates session (CurrentSessionInfo.TerminateUserSessions) with non-administrative user.

When I execute the service I recieve:

Session termination services may only be used by members of the Administrators group!

Is there any way to overcome this? I really need this functionality to be available for normal users.

3 REPLIES 3

I Jacek, if what your want to do it's close current user session, use this marketplace widget: http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/logout-button

it is not the case in my usecase.

I'm developping mobile application which is displaying Mashup in IFrame and I must programatically kill the user sessions via REST API (but I cannot use appKey as I have session running in my current application context). Moreover - I cannot delete JSESSION cookie from my app due to framework issues

You can just use Logout-button to learn how to kill the session and then just call the same REST API end point to do the same from yours app.

We already developed an App with ionic framework and we did that way, but we use login to get a App Key, and store App Key on the App itself, then later on use that App Key to connect. Let me check our code:

1. Logout endpoint: /Thingworx/Server/*/Services/Logout
  2. Method: POST
  3. Headers:
    1. Content-Type: application/json
    2. Accept: application/json

Hope this helps,

Carles.

Top Tags