cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there any data center for ThinngWorx IoT?

pkumar-21
1-Newbie

Is there any data center for ThinngWorx IoT?

Is there any data center for ThinngWorx IoT? For example, IBM's IoT, AWS IoT, and Azure IoT Hub etc. have Regions or Data centers. I could not get any information for ThingWorx. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pawan, we provide out of the box ThingWorx IoT servers that you can start using.

Most of ThingWorx instances run on Linux virtual machines, hosted out of Amazon AWS in North Virginia region but we also have other regions as well.

You can find additional information about the available hardware at Amazon AWS EC2 instances​.

Let me know if this helps.

Edit: Regarding the available regions our ThingWorx IoT servers are available out of all Amazon AWS regions​, as well as some private data centers in the North America and EU regions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:pkumar-21)

Hello,

By data center, you mean a place where you can find a lot of information about the Thingworx Platform? If that is the case, we have the Home - ThingWorx : ThingWorx and https://precisionlms.ptc.com/

Thank you

Dear Mr. Petrescu,

Thanks for the reply. By Data center, I meant the region where you have your application running. For example, IBM Bluemix currently has three regions:

When we create an application in bluemix it stores the complete information in one of the regions. And, application URL would be regionUrl/ApplicationName.

I'm not sure if ThingWorx has the same concept.

Thanks.

Pawan, in addition to Adrian's links, we do have Help Centers and here is a link to our new Developer eSupport Portal.

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for the links. I've gone through the first link already and it really helped me in understanding different concepts used in ThingWorx.

Thanks.

Pawan, we provide out of the box ThingWorx IoT servers that you can start using.

Most of ThingWorx instances run on Linux virtual machines, hosted out of Amazon AWS in North Virginia region but we also have other regions as well.

You can find additional information about the available hardware at Amazon AWS EC2 instances​.

Let me know if this helps.

Edit: Regarding the available regions our ThingWorx IoT servers are available out of all Amazon AWS regions​, as well as some private data centers in the North America and EU regions.

Dear Raducioiu,

Thank you very much. This is what I was looking for. This link is really helpful.

Thanks again.

Pawan - Are you referring to how you are able to use a hosted ThingWorx instance from developer.thingworx.com?

As far as I know, there is no way to choose a region or area where your server will be hosted for these servers because they are intended to be small, temporary sandbox-type ThingWorx instances for you to learn the ins and outs of ThingWorx and therefore are not prioritizing performance or scale which is the main reason that AWS and others use regions for their hosting solutions.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Dear Helgeson,

Thanks for the information. You get it right, I was looking for the region or area where my application would be hosted in ThingWorx. I really appreciate you took time to answer my question. What I felt by using Bluemix platform is that if you select the region near to your current location, the response from the server is much quicker. I have not tried the ThingWorx yet, but, I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks again.

You can also use Microsoft Azure http://azure.microsoft.com

Is it official now? I read it in ThingWorx news that ThingWorx will support Azure IoT Hub completely in July.

Top Tags