cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Unable to import MailandSQLExtensions.zip

ashleyg
1-Newbie

Unable to import MailandSQLExtensions.zip

Hi All,

I'm trying to import the MailandSQLExtensions.zip extension pack (from the PTC University Connecting to External Data Sources with ThingWorx 6.5 course) however when attempting to import I get the following error:

Error parsing /ThingworxStorage/extensions/temp/MailandSQLExtensions_9ff02462-ddc7-40db-98a2-f503b5dc3a11/MailandSQLExtensions/MYSQL_ExtensionPackage/metadata.xml: (24, 36): cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'EffectiveImplementedShapes'. One of '{Owner, avatar, DesignTimePermissions, RunTimePermissions, VisibilityPermissions, ConfigurationTables, PropertyBindings, RemotePropertyBindings, RemoteServiceBindings, RemoteEventBindings, AlertConfigurations, SharedConfigurationTables, InstanceDesignTimePermissions, InstanceRunTimePermissions, InstanceVisibilityPermissions, ConfigurationChanges}' is expected.

Note: I am running ThingWorx 7.1 as opposed to the version 6.5 that the lessons are built for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ashley

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:ashleyg)

Ashley, can you try importing the Mail extension available in the Marketplace instead?

ashleyg
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Yes I have done that however it's mainly the SQL parts of the extension I am after as there are some features that require the MySqlServer ThingTemplate.

Aanjan
9-Granite

You can just use the jar file and create your own extension with the JDBC connector extension.

kmagdum
12-Amethyst

Ashley,

You need to use JDBC Connector to go ahead with MySQL server. Once you install this extension, use "Database" thing template instead of MySqlServer thing template.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your input Ketan, after liaising with my colleagues it appears we have found a working SQL Server extension that I have imported so my problem is resolved.

Top Tags