cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

HowTo create a RemoteThing and simulate a device

fmanniti
9-Granite

HowTo create a RemoteThing and simulate a device

Hello, I have to make my first Remote Thing but for the moment I need a simulator since I don't have any device yet.

In few words I must do the same thing that is in the course for the Vending Machine.

The one I've done in the course had a few pre-requisites:

• import Setting the Remote Vending Machine Simulator for Remote Things.xml and Setting the Remote Vending Machine Simulator for Remote Things.json files
  • In folder C:\MicroServer_Java folder there are some files related to VendinMachine like the batch file wsjavavmstart.bat

Now, I guess I need those files because in the Vending Machine excercise I used to see my properties values changing; the thing is I don't know how to create them.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a manual that explain me all this or tell me a procedure?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:fmanniti)

Fabio, we have a Developer's guide for the Edge MicroServer that covers topics ranging from how to setup the EMS with our lua script resource, how to add and bind properties, using our REST API through the EMS etc.

Top Tags