cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unable to import MySQL JDBC connector extension

jwomack
1-Newbie

Unable to import MySQL JDBC connector extension

I've created and downloaded a MySQL extension using the JDBC Connector extension created recently obtained from the Marketplace. When importing I get the following error:

Error importing: error: Not Acceptable - [package: mysql-connector-javaJDBC, error: \ThingworxStorage\extensions\mysql-connector-javaJDBC_f1afc6ef-78d3-49c1-ac06-db848f48d213\mysql-connector-javaJDBC\metadata.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)]

Indeed, I looked in the zip file and did not see a metadata.xml file. Should it have been created when I uploaded the file with the JdbcCreator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

I was able to use the MySQLServer thing template from the Relational-databases-connectors to create a database thing. Thanks!

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jwomack)

James, adding to Mayank's comment - we have a JDBC connector extension too, if you have the .jar file for your jdbc connector, you can use this extension to create an extension of your own.

jwomack
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan, I downloaded the JDBC connector extension from the Marketplace and obtained a JDBC Driver file from dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/. I followed the five bullets provided in the JDBC Connector instructions. On bullet number four was where I got the error as described in my initial post.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jwomack)

Sorry, I misread your post. The connector extension you downloaded met your system requirements, correct? If it did meet the minimum required version, and did not create an extension (with the metadata and jar you provided), I'll take a look at the extensions functionality.

jwomack
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Everything worked fine to the point of 'Upload' of the driver file using the mashup and downloading the extension (again in the mashup) once it was created. When I look in the .zip file of the extension that was created, it does not have a metadata (xml) file.

Top Tags