cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Create and Update Entry upon Stream take too long

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Create and Update Entry upon Stream take too long

Hi Guys,

I am having some issues with Streams.

When I create some StreamEntry and use GetStreamEntriesWithData, sometimes there is a delay about 1minute or so, before I can see stored results. Timestamp is correct (time when the AddStreamEntry service was called), but I can see data after some delay.

Same goes with UpdateStreamEntry. I update my stream entry, but changes are visible after 1m and more. (not always, but in 80 percent of all cases). That is very enoying, because I am using this in a UX and it must be responsive.

Anyone could help with that? Is there any way how to workaround it, tweak it?

Anyone could provide me with an explanation why this is happening?

Thanks a lot.

Tomas

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Tomas,

Stream and ValueStream writes are Async operations that's the reason why you don't see writes/updates until a while.

You can decide when buffer it's written on the Stream/ValueStream, but always will be Async.

If you need Sync operation, you should go to DataTables, but then you should worry about DataTables limits ( no more than 100k registers ).

Best Regards,

Carles.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

I assumed as much, but over 1minute for a single write? That is too much even for Async.

I'v chosen Streams because they are containing IDs (autoincremented) which is what I need.

Datatables use keys which would make my project more difficult.

I dont fully understood this statement though:

You can decide when buffer it's written on the Stream/ValueStream, but always will be Async.

Is there any platform config which I can adjust to make this proccess bit more faster?

Tomas

Usually the configuration for Async writes on Streams and Value Streams are on PersistenceProvider you are using ( it depends on Neo4G or Postgresql ).

You should go to the YourPersistenceProvider > Configuration

aziliotto
4-Participant
(To:CarlesColl)

in configuration i can't edit parameters and i can't find configuration for going sync. i see UpdateStreamDataProcessingSettings service maybe i can edit some parameters to set async very short to become similar to sync ?

thanks

Top Tags