cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How can we send SMS to a user using ThingWorx?

sbajpai
1-Newbie

How can we send SMS to a user using ThingWorx?

Hello,

I am just a beginner of the ThingWorx platform. Does thingworx provide any facility to send alert messages via SMS or email? If yes then how?

9 REPLIES 9
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:sbajpai)

Hi Stuti,

You can use the Mail Extension available in the Thingworx Marketplace to send emails and email to SMS addresses, over SMTP.  If you want to send native SMS you would need to use an service like Twilio which also has an extension available in the Marketplace.  These are free downloads.

Link to Marketplace... http://marketplace.thingworx.com/

Thanks,

Adam

sbajpai
1-Newbie
(To:AdamR)

Thanks Adam. I'll try that out. :-)

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Hi Adam,

Is there any option other than 3rd party subscription like Twilio? Some customization is possible in TWX to send SMS?

AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Java (which is what extensions are written with) does not have any native libraries for sending SMS messages.  There are some third party libraries out there that could be used to build an extension.  I do not have any knowledge or experience with these so I would not suggest any specific one.  From the Thingworx side we have always recommended using the mail extension to send messages, though this is limited to only send and the SMS must have a valid email address.

sostwal
1-Newbie

Hi Adam,

Twilio extension seems to be no more available on the market place. Can you please check.

Regards

Swaraj

ankitgupta
5-Regular Member
(To:sostwal)

I am able to find it here ThingWorx IoT Marketplace

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:ankitgupta)

when I download and try to import on my composer then am getting this error.

ankitgupta
5-Regular Member
(To:KSM)

Hi Mahaboob Basha​,

Restart your ThingWorx and try to import extension again. If the issue persists; I would suggest you to open a Technical support case with PTC.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Adam, I tried to use Mail Extension. I set up the configuration and send an email over SMTP. It works but when I tried to send SMS, I can't is there any configuration that I should change? Any specific format for the SMS address? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Evan

Top Tags