cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

JSON Message Formatting

ashleyg
1-Newbie

JSON Message Formatting

Hi All

The code below (with some details starred out for confidentiality) is intended to get a property of a JSON message and display it as a column in an InfoTable. I have attempted to gain the description property from the following JSON and display it in an infoTable for output:

JSON:

{"tickets":[{"raw_subject":"Compressor Ticket #1","subject":"Compressor Ticket #1","custom_fields":[],"created_at":"2015-08-12T07:28:08Z","description":"Ticket for compressor - API123456","submitter_id":*******,"type":"problem","priority":"normal","collaborator_ids":[],"url":"**********","via":{"channel":"api","source":{"from":{},"to":{}}},"tags":[],"brand_id":******,"updated_at":"2015-08-12T09:05:32Z","sharing_agreement_ids":[],"group_id":********,"organization_id":********,"id":4.0,"has_incidents":false,"fields":[],"assignee_id":**********,"status":"open","requester_id":********}],"count":1.0}

JavaScript:

var params = {

infoTableName: "infoTable" /* STRING */,

dataShapeName: "*******" /* DATASHAPENAME */

};

// result: INFOTABLE

var infoTable = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

var params = {

ignoreSSLErrors: true /* BOOLEAN */,

url: "*********" /* STRING */,

timeout: 30 /* NUMBER */,

password: "******" /* STRING */,

username: "******" /* STRING */

};

// result: JSON

var response = Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].LoadJSON(params);

var row = new Object();

row.description = response.tickets.description;

infoTable.AddRow(row);

var result = infoTable;

The problem I am having is that when I execute this the output is an infotable with the "description" field blank. I have tried doing a JSON.parse on my response but this return an error which I believe means that the JSON message has already been formatted into an object.

Can someone please point out what I am doing wrong and why row.description = response.tickets.description; doesn't work on the JSON message?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ashley

1 REPLY 1
paic
1-Newbie
(To:ashleyg)

I believe response.description should do the trick.

Top Tags