cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

System.AccessViolationException occur when using OPC DA Edge connecting to KEPwareServerEX(V4.5)

lzhou-2
2-Guest

System.AccessViolationException occur when using OPC DA Edge connecting to KEPwareServerEX(V4.5)

log below:

2016-06-22 15:19:00.044Z [L: Error] [T: 6] [U: SYSTEM] [O: com.thingworx.opcda.OpcDaClient] Error while initializing new OpcDaThing, or opening connection to Platform. : System.AccessViolationException: 尝试读取或写入受保护的内存。这通常指示其他内存已损坏。     在 com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.twApi_Connect(UInt32 timeout, Int32 retries)     在 com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.Connect(UInt32 timeout, Int16 retries)     在 com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.start()     在 com.thingworx.opcda.OpcDaClient.run()

11 REPLIES 11

Hello Ling Zhou, we have an article which describes CS227473 How to configure the connection between ThingWorx and the OPC DA service.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you every much, is it have to be configured SSL? I set DisableEncryption to true is no OK ?

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:lzhou-2)

Your error message: 尝试读取或写入受保护的内存。这通常指示其他内存已损坏。     在  = Attempted to read or write protected memory . This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt . in

What kind of device are you attempting to connect with, and have you tested connecting to any other devices to see if the problem persists on those as well?

If you have the ability to open a support case I would do so.

Meghan

Thank you Meghan. I want to know, does KEPware have to connect with device when connect to thingworx? I just want a DEMO, so I configured a Item and then disconnect the device.

ndionne
3-Visitor

Ling Zhou, You should not need an actual device connected to KEPServerEX to show connectivity to ThingWorx using the OPC DA Extension.

The current shipping version of KEPServerEX which is 5.20 has a built in agent to push data up to a ThingWorx instance. You would not need the OPC DA Extension if you use that version.

As for the error you are seeing, I also get that when I try to disable encryption and connect to a non SSL endpoint. I just leave encryption enable and use the self signed certificate.

So the problem is no SSL link, I understand, Thanks.

Hi Dionne, other problem when I test BrowseItems service in OpcDaThing, there is a error like above, do you know why?

Unable to Invoke Service BrowseItems on OpcDaThing : null

ndionne
3-Visitor

Ling Zhou, When I see that message it usually means I did not put in a proper filter or path.

In the Filter make sure you have an asterix

and for the path it should be something like

Channel1.Device1

Thank you, Dionne, I got it.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Can you try adding * in the filter section to browse all items?

Thanks, I resolve it.

Top Tags