cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

API documentation for JavaScript

garambasic
1-Newbie

API documentation for JavaScript

hello,

I'm new to Javascript and have a few questions:

I can install the Eclipse SDK and understand the java related documentation, but how do I deal with the built-in JavaScript API in the Composer?

There is no IDE, so I have to rely on my own common sense, JS knowledge and syntax checks in the Composer, right?

It's kind of obvious that me means the same as Things['ThingName']​, but is there any specially dedicated section in the help centre for basics like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This is the most extensive repository about TW Documentation: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS232833&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=thingworx%20documentation&source…

But I don't think you will find specific Javascript documentation for the Composer. You should learn it with the code Snippets section on the Composer itself.

About your question of me  and Things['ThingName']:

• me --> Yes a reference to myself ( on the thing where service it's called )
  • Things['ThingName'] --> A reference to the given 'ThingName'
  • Things[me.name] --> A reference to myself, mostly equal to me, but there's some edge cases that it's not exactly the same ( for instance if a Restart on the thing was executed while you were executing the Script ).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

This is the most extensive repository about TW Documentation: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS232833&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=thingworx%20documentation&source…

But I don't think you will find specific Javascript documentation for the Composer. You should learn it with the code Snippets section on the Composer itself.

About your question of me  and Things['ThingName']:

• me --> Yes a reference to myself ( on the thing where service it's called )
  • Things['ThingName'] --> A reference to the given 'ThingName'
  • Things[me.name] --> A reference to myself, mostly equal to me, but there's some edge cases that it's not exactly the same ( for instance if a Restart on the thing was executed while you were executing the Script ).

thank you Carles

the documentation repository link is really useful.

I've read about different keywords for current object reference, but was confused that me doesn't seem JS-specific.

I thought if its TW-specific, it would be documented somewhere and i had skipped the information.

Top Tags