cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Filtering Results Returned From GetImplementingThingsWithData

jeffj
1-Newbie

Filtering Results Returned From GetImplementingThingsWithData

I am using GetImplementingThingsWithData to find all devices that use a common template, but I would like to filter these results to look for a specific tag before displaying the contents in a grid. Has anybody ever done this?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
paic
1-Newbie
(To:jeffj)

You can use QueryImplementingThingsWithData as the base service for this.

Else with Get you can always grab that in a service and use the Query service (part of InfoTable Functions)

In the Java Doc, this section is very helpful for Queries: Query Parameter for Query Services

Hi Pai Chung,

Thanks for your input. we are also using  QueryImplementingThingsWithData. in our utility services.

I guess, It is querying only max up to 500 things. We have no way to mention/change the max items above 500 for this like we do in QueryDataTableEntries. Do you have any suggestions to resolve the same.?

Hi,

QueryImplementingThingsWithData has also maxItems parameter, you can set it bigger than 500.

Best Regards.

Thanks Carles Coll,

I was using GetImplementingThingsWithData  service where we don't have query parameters and can't set max items limit to more than 500.

In QueryImplementingThingsWithData, we have maxItems parameter and it helps.

Hi Carles Coll,

Thanks for your input.. Just one more query.

I don't want to specify some random number which is bigger than 500 but want to set a highest number. So that we may not need to change the code in service again and again as the record count increases in data table/info table.Can you suggest me the max number that i can use instead of setting it to 900 or 1500?

Not evident answer for this...

If you want to be "safe" put like 2000000000 ( big and not big enought to cause an INT overflow), you will face other performance problems before reaching this value....

Carles.

Top Tags