cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ERROR: No Stream Entry ID Was Provided?

tadkins1
1-Newbie

ERROR: No Stream Entry ID Was Provided?

As I was checking my logs yesterday, I noticed that within the ApplicationLog that I was getting a "No Stream Entry ID Was Provided" for whomever is logged in.  I've seen this with the Administrator account and other users' accounts.  Is there anything at a User level that I am missing here?  I've looked through Thingworx and just can't seem to find anywhere where I am suppose to be providing an ID for a Stream.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks and here's the error!

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@d72d785][message: No Stream Entry ID Was Provided]

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:tadkins1)

Tom, does this get printed out once when a user logs in, or is it a recurring message every minute or so? Do you have any custom User Extensions properties?

Thanks for the reply.  It appears it is happening every minute or so once the user logs in.  The only extensions I'm using are Mail_Extensions, GoogleWidgets_ExtensionPackage, MYSQL_ExtensionPackage, and Twilio_Extensions.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. By User Extensions, I meant the User properties. Click on any User, and then go to the User Extension section. What are the available fields/ properties?

I see.  I went into Administrator, who get's the error the most (because that's who I log in under), and none of the user fields are filled in, but the available ones are:

smsAddress

middleName

lastName

title

mobilePhone

emailAddress

workPhone

firstName

homePhone

Image.png

Aanjan
9-Granite

Thanks for screenshot, Tom. You have all the default fields here, so I don't think that's the issue.

Each stream entry would have its own unique streamEntryId. For example, if you have any available stream, go to the services page. Services like Get, Delete or UpdateStreamEntry requires an id to access that specific stream entry. Do you have any service(s) running on a Timer?

I do have subscriptions with timers on all of my Things.  They basically pull data from a server, and inserts that data into a stream via the AddStreamEntry method.  Here is my code, perhaps I need to add id:null within those params??

var params = {

tags : tags,

timestamp : timestamp,

source : obj[5],

values : values,

};

Things["Test_Stream"].AddStreamEntry(params);

Top Tags