cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do I enable services for user/group?

pbaierl
1-Newbie

How do I enable services for user/group?

I have created a mashup that has a grid to show my available unit serial numbers and their status.  I also have a good map widget to show the unit location.

I use the GetTableEntries Service to load the grid and populate the unit locations on the map.  I created a group and added a member to that group.  The new user has full permission to read/write properties, execute services, subscribe to events, and execute events.  When I view the mashup as the user I see an error that the GetTableEntires service does not have permission to run.

Any help with what I am missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nkhose
1-Newbie
(To:pbaierl)

Hi ,

One thing is doable in this case , log-in as Administrator open the Datatable "VehicleDataTable"  then in left navigation you can see Permission section

add the User to the Runtime & Design -Time giving proper CRUD operations .

Hope this helps to move forward on this for you !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

Are there any other errors reported in the Application Log when you try to access this service?

Meghan

Here is the only issue I saw in the log.  If I log in as an administrator I can see the mashup working fine.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

That's the Mashup log, if you actually go to Composer->Monitoring->ApplicationLog I'm hoping there are more errors in there that would identify exactly what services on what entities you need to grant permissions to.

I do not see any errors in the log.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Paul, can you try logging in as that User, access that specific Thing, navigate to the Services section and run the same GetDataTableEntries ?

pbaierl
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

No, the user I created cannot view the data table that contains the GetDataTableEntries.

You do not have permission to view "VehicleDataTable"

nkhose
1-Newbie

Hi ,

One thing is doable in this case , log-in as Administrator open the Datatable "VehicleDataTable"  then in left navigation you can see Permission section

add the User to the Runtime & Design -Time giving proper CRUD operations .

Hope this helps to move forward on this for you !

pbaierl
1-Newbie
(To:nkhose)

Thanks this solved my problem.  Appreciate the help!

Top Tags