cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Error importing a custom extension

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Error importing a custom extension

Hello All,

I am trying to modify the Hello World extension into a a custom one but it seems that I am missing something in the configuration. So far I changed the code and used the Hello World default naming just so I focused in the development itself.

Now that I evolved in the development i am changing the Thing Template names so it matches to my extension but I started to get an error to import it in TW: Unable to delete com-thingduino-things-ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano:1.0.0. This is likely due to other errors: ExtensionPackage com-thingduino-things-ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano Does Not Exist

I replaced the reference to the HelloWorld extensions to my Custom Extension but it still errors out.

My Metadata.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<Entities>

<ExtensionPackages>

<ExtensionPackage dependsOn="" description="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" minimumThingWorxVersion="7.0.0" name="com-thingduino-things-ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" packageVersion="1.0.0" vendor="Ewerton">

<JarResources>

<FileResource description="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" file="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano.jar" type="JAR"/>

<FileResource description="" file="firmata4j-2.3.1.jar" type="JAR"/>

</JarResources>

</ExtensionPackage>

</ExtensionPackages>

<ThingPackages>

<ThingPackage aspect.isCreatable="true" aspect.isSystemObject="false" className="com.thingduino.things.ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" description="Sample Extension" name="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano"/>

</ThingPackages>

<ThingTemplates>

<ThingTemplate aspect.isSystemObject="false" description="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano.zip" name="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" thingPackage="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano.zip">

<avatar/>

</ThingTemplate>

</ThingTemplates>

<DataShapes>

<DataShape aspect.isSystemObject="false" description="Hello World salutation event" name="SalutationSentEvent">

<FieldDefinitions>

<FieldDefinition aspect.isPrimaryKey="true" baseType="STRING" description="Name of user receiving the salutation" name="userGreeted"/>

</FieldDefinitions>

</DataShape>

</DataShapes>

</Entities>

Anybody has any idea of what I am missing here?

Cheers

Ewerton

4 REPLIES 4
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:emoreira)

Ewerton,

Every time you import a new version of an extension where the version number has not changed you need to remove it from the Manage Extensions screen, restart Tomcat, and then import the new version. I'm hoping this might resolve the errors you are seeing if you are not already following that procedure.

Meghan

Thanks Meghan.

I did miss this step altough usually I do it, but unfortunatelly it did not solve.

I believe it has something to do with some reference that was changed.

Cheers

Ewerton

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:emoreira)

Try removing the ".zip" part of ThingDuinoFimata_Nano that you are referencing as the ThingPackage. In the <ThingPackage> tag you set the name to ThingDuinoFimata_Nano, so when you reference it in the <ThingTemplate> tag it should match the name you set prior.

<ThingPackage aspect.isCreatable="true" aspect.isSystemObject="false" className="com.thingduino.things.ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" description="Sample Extension" name="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano"/>

</ThingPackages>

<ThingTemplates>

<ThingTemplate aspect.isSystemObject="false" description="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano.zip" name="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano" thingPackage="ThingDuinoFirmata_Nano.zip">

<avatar/>

</ThingTemplate>

Thanks Meghan.

That was definetely an error, but fixing it still did not get my extension to work.

still debugging.... thanks

Cheers

Ewerton

Top Tags