cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problems in Remote Access & Control Application ?

mpatel-21
2-Guest

Problems in Remote Access & Control Application ?

Hello Expert ,

I have facing a problem in Remote Access & Control Application ,

Error Like After click on Remote Access & Control  Icon in MashupRemote.PNG

Remote1.PNG

Overview of Project :

I want to access remote system from thingworx , for that i developed EMS application which is run on Remote device and it is working perfectly Below is the code

ClientConfigurator config = new ClientConfigurator();

config.setUri(args[0]);

config.setAppKey(args[1]);

config.ignoreSSLErrors(true);

// Ensure tunnels are enabled for this example

config.tunnelsEnabled(true);

try {

ConnectedThingClient client = new ConnectedThingClient(config);

VirtualThing myThing = new VirtualThing(ThingName, "Tunnel Example", client);

client.bindThing(myThing);

client.start();

while (!client.isShutdown()) {

Thread.sleep(5000);

}

} catch (Exception e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

Above code is working and connecting to My Thingworx Below in figure show that connection property is true.

Remote2.PNG

All setting match with : Tunneling with ThingWorx and an Edge Device

But Facing a problem after click on Remote Device icon Shown Error like first Figure.

If you have any idea about this issue Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mayank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Ravi , I resolved the problem using "ThingWorx Asset Manager" ​Use Asset Remote Transfer things for Remote System from Windows machine to Thingworx Mashup.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mayank, I see that there's an extra / adding to the end of Thingworx in your URL. In your RemoteThing (with the Tunnel Template), navigate to the Configuration section and clear out the App URI if you have anything in that field.

Can you post the configuration on your RemoteThing?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Yep, so clear out the App URI section and retry. Just to make sure, if you go to the Configuration section in the TunnelSubsystem, does the 'Public port used for tunnels' match the port where ThingWorx is running?

Thanks Ravi , I resolved the problem using "ThingWorx Asset Manager" ​Use Asset Remote Transfer things for Remote System from Windows machine to Thingworx Mashup.

sselva
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Ravi, I'm facing the same Issue so I dint want to open a new thread. Its working in "Thingworx Asset Manager" but while following step in mentioned in https://community.thingworx.com/docs/DOC-3306  for tunnelling, the  wsadapter.jnlp file is not downloading in tomcat9.0.0. In another system where tomcat 8.0.3 is installed, I'm able to download wsadapter.jnlp and run it. My AppURI section is cleared and 'Public port used for tunnels' match the port where ThingWorx is running

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:sselva)

Swathi, I don't believe Tomcat 9 is supported yet. The minimum required version is 8.0.33.

Top Tags