cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

When we select a row in a grid then the details of that row should be saved as property of a thing and be auto populated in a form which is displayed on selecting a row. How to implement this.

psaxena
1-Newbie

When we select a row in a grid then the details of that row should be saved as property of a thing and be auto populated in a form which is displayed on selecting a row. How to implement this.

on selecting a row in a infotable the details of that row should be auto populated  in a form and displayed in a pop up mashup.

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:psaxena)

Hi Priyanshi, you could use the Selected Row(s) method of a service within the Mashup so that once you make a selection in a Grid  the data will be displayed or passed on to another entity be it a simple value display box or text input box within a form, see an e.g. below.

Note this will not "save" the selected data - this you will have to handle next by triggering a service to store that data to either an external database or a datatable

We tried binding a parameter of selected row to a textbox in a contained mashup but its not happening.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Could you share more detail on how you are binding the data? Is the Grid itself getting the data correctly? Here's a service flow from the e.g. i shared in my last post

I have displayed an infotable in a grid and then that selected row data should be displayed in form attributes.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Priyanshi, could you please share exact detail on how you are trying to achieve this so I better understand the situation you have at your end and why it may not be working for you right now. Are the Grid and Form both existing on same Mashup or do you have separate Mashups for them?

I have a mashup which has one grid and a contained mashup(which has a form). I want on selecting a row in a grid certain parameter values of that selected row should auto populate in the text box of the form(which is in contained mashup)

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thanks for sharing, it helps to clarify the picture. I think this thread covers exactly what you are looking for : Passing Values to Contained Mashups that Dynamically change

Hope this helps.

Hi Sushant I was'nt able to understand what they are trying to do.

Top Tags