cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Show/hide (select/diselect) dataFields in Bargraph

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Show/hide (select/diselect) dataFields in Bargraph

Hi there,

I have rather simple request, I would like to show/hide dataFileds on Bargraph based on button or list or radiobutton (does not really matter).

This is a basic functionality at almost every JS Graph library. I cannot replicate this behavior though.

There is no bindable DataFieldxVisible boolean which I could use.

I could assign the Name to the dataFieldx directly, but I dont know what is its data type.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tomas,

I've done it, but at the end I had to customize the Standard Timeseries / Barchart graph in order to make it really dynamic. I don't know if with TW 7.2 they had improved graph characteristics, as on the release notes ( from Yesterday ) : "Added the following chart widget extension package. This extension includes the following three charts with enhance functionality: Line Chart, Bar Chart, Time series Chart " --> I've tried to find this new extension on the market place but still isn't there

As I understand you want something like the following screenshots ( from our platform ), some features we had to customize:

• Select different series for Y axis 1, and for Y axis 2 on runtime
  • AutoEscale / Manual Scale / 0 Scale
  • Normal Bars and Stacked Bars

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 12.25.23.png

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 12.25.32.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Tomas,

I've done it, but at the end I had to customize the Standard Timeseries / Barchart graph in order to make it really dynamic. I don't know if with TW 7.2 they had improved graph characteristics, as on the release notes ( from Yesterday ) : "Added the following chart widget extension package. This extension includes the following three charts with enhance functionality: Line Chart, Bar Chart, Time series Chart " --> I've tried to find this new extension on the market place but still isn't there

As I understand you want something like the following screenshots ( from our platform ), some features we had to customize:

• Select different series for Y axis 1, and for Y axis 2 on runtime
  • AutoEscale / Manual Scale / 0 Scale
  • Normal Bars and Stacked Bars

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 12.25.23.png

Captura de pantalla 2016-07-29 12.25.32.png

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

That is exactly what I was talking about.

Any chance to get my hands on that customized Widget of yours????

Thanks for that info about TW 7.2 I had no idea that that is already out.

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Our custom TimeSeries, Label Chart, comes into a package of other customized standard widgets ( DataTime Picker, Property Display, Grid, TimeSelector ) which we originally customized to support multiple and bindable TimeZones.

I've pushed hard to TW R&D team to add this features on the Standard TW, giving them our code for free. I've presented them the solution more than once during the last Year. But they don't seem to be much interested Still I don't understand how do they plan to support multi TimeZone projects, as it's any worldwide Industrial IoT solution...

We don't plan to share it for now to other TW Customers, but we are really open and we will put our own resources to help TW on adding this to the standard. If you can push them for it, would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Carles.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

OK,

I will create a bit of pressure, but I have had some other cases and I know how difficult is to persuade them for any change (even the core functionality, i.e. Alert subsystem).

Thanks anyway.

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Alert Subsystem you say... we have a totally custom Alert System, as the one on the platform it's not extensible at all I didn't event try to ask the enhancements I want to it.

Best Regards,

Carles.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

In which way you have extended it?

How does it even work, you must handle avery AnyDataChangeEvent on all of your Things prior to get it done, right?

The current one would be ok for us if it would work as advertised

Hi Tomas,

Yes you are right, we handle AnyDataChangeEvent on any Thing on our system. We handle it for various reasons, one of them it's to be able to have multiple subscriptions to the same property from the same thing, which can't be done since TW 6.5 and we need it.

The way Alert System it's done on TW it's a super limited, a common situation ( at least for us ) it's that alerts aren't as easy as if it's up / below this level trigger it. For instance a common situation it's Scheduled alert system, where depending on the Day/Hour the levels are different, that's what we support with our alerts system. And yes, we have a custom full blown Scheduling system for alerts....

Best Regards,

Carles.

Top Tags