cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is there a way to programmatically change the sort order of a grid?

jwilliams11
6-Contributor

Is there a way to programmatically change the sort order of a grid?

I have a grid on a mashup that is populated from an InfoTable.  After the grid has been sorted in various ways by users by clicking on the grid column headers, we want to be able to press a button on the mashup and reset the grid sort order to the original sort order.  Is there a way to programmatically reset the sort order of a grid?

3 REPLIES 3

Not.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:jwilliams11)

Jeff,

If you perform a Query or Get on the data that is populating the Grid that should reset it to the order you originally had it before users started sorting the data. I would try grabbing the initial data set again upon a button click, or something that can fire off the Query/Get service that pulls in the data, and have it repopulate the Grid.

Meghan

Meghan,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, refreshing the data tied to a grid does not remove the sorting on a grid that comes from clicking on a grid column header.  I've checked with PTC and there is not currently a way to override the manual sort via a grid column header, other than reloading the webpage.  I am trying to get it submitted as a change order for a future release of ThingWorx.

Thanks,

Jeff

Top Tags