cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Execute a service when the User logs on

stanislav
6-Contributor

Execute a service when the User logs on

Hello everyone,

I need to set some config information on the user session once the user logs on.

Is there an even that I could subscribe to when the user logs on?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

There's no event related to User Log In.

If you redirect your users to the same mashup, you can do a call to a service there. Also you can do polling on current logged in users and check if there's any new. It's not really performant/ efficient solution but it may work.

Carles.

Sebastian, as Carles mentioned, you can run the GetActiveUsers service in the CurrentSessionInfo resource to check if they are connected and when the last connection was.

stanislav
6-Contributor
(To:Aanjan)

Thank you both for your reply.

However I am interested in executing a service just once when the user is logged on. The service should process some data and store it on the user's session (for performance reasons).

You can do this with both solutions proposed:

1. Mashup loaded once logged --> On Load mashup event, call the Service which fills the User Session values
  2. Timer which every N-seconds checks if there's any new user logged and if it detects one, does trigger the service which fills the User Session values.

I may prefer option 1, as you can control the execution a bit more.

Top Tags