cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I have a doubt with the usage of services Actually i have created a things called demo which has properties like Temperature Humidity My temperature property has to get update everyday with min and max temperature on particular and have to plot it ove

sred
1-Newbie

I have a doubt with the usage of services Actually i have created a things called demo which has properties like Temperature Humidity My temperature property has to get update everyday with min and max temperature on particular and have to plot it ove

I have a doubt with the usage of services

Actually i have created a things called demo which has properties like

Temperature

Humidity

My temperature property has to get update everyday with min and max temperature on particular and have to plot it over the chart

Can you please tell me how can i achieve this

4 REPLIES 4
PramodPrabhakar
5-Regular Member
(To:sred)

Hi sin red,

I would ping you separately on your email. I think it would be better to understand the whole scope and provide an appropriate approach to you.

I am sure we would be able to help you on this.

Thanks,

Pramod

You can also try and check the ThingWorx Help Center. There is lot of information available related to various capabilities.

You would also fine tutorial videos in the below mentioned link helpful:

PTC Learning Connector

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

Sin,

What are your doubts with the usage of services?

What services are you trying to use in your Mashup? Something along the lines of QueryNumberProperty History would work to pull a temperature value from a Thing's assigned ValueStream. You will need to use a ValueStream or Stream to retrieve historical temperature readings.

Can you elaborate a bit more on how you are sending data into the properties? Is it via a REST PUT or POST, or are you binding an SDK or EMS to a Thing and updating properties through remote bindings?

Lots of options, so let me know what you have tried thus far.

Meghan

emoreira
12-Amethyst

If I understood correctly, you want to store what were the Max and the Min values of a temperature in a particular period, is it correct?,

If that is the case I would create 2 subscriptions to the temperature: one that would compare a variable called TempMin and if the current temperature is lower it would override the TempMin value with the min value. Same would be done for the  max value.

Then you need to figure out how you would save it daily. Maybe a subscription to a timer thing with the period you want to collect that stores the values into a ValueStream.

As people said before, we need more details on your use case so we can be more precise on suggestions.

Cheers

Ewerton

Top Tags