cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Installing Thingworx 6.6 : Error relation "root_entity_collection" does not exist

spatel-21
1-Newbie

Installing Thingworx 6.6 : Error relation "root_entity_collection" does not exist

Hello,

I'm getting ERROR: relation "root_entity_collection" does not exist, while installing Thingworx 6.6.

I've added 'SEARCH_PATH' item as mentioned in this blog

Frequently Seen Errors upon launching the ThingWorx application:

error_1.pngerror_2.png

I've attached application logs along with the post.

Aanjan Ravi

10 REPLIES 10
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:spatel-21)

You should not have the words mySchema in your SEARCH_PATH. Instead, modify that to say only "$user",public instead.

*EDIT* You can have mySchema in there if you have created such a thing for the ThingWorx tables to reside in, but I'm assuming you did not and you should just use ​public ​instead. I would restart your database service after you do this, just to ensure the changes take effect.

Meghan

Getting the same error after that modification. Yes I did restart the service

error_3.png

Siddharth, just out of curiosity, why are you pointing the tablespace to pg_default instead of using a thingworx tablespace? The scripts should have created one; if not, create a tablespace called thingworx with the owner set to twadmin and run the schema scripts again.

I'm getting error when I try to change the tablespace to thingworx.

tablespace_thingworx_error.png

PS : I've installed thingworx and its working without errors currently. I believe the WAR file might be corrupted due to which it was throwing errors. Also I kept public as my default schema.

@Siddarth the above error (could not create directory.....) might be caused due to the restricted permission level to access the /ThingworxPostgresqlStorage directory. PgAdmin runs the scripts/queries as a 'postgres' user (even if you run as admin), and if I'm not wrong, we can't add directory permissions to the 'postgres' user in windows. So, the only way should be assigning read/write permissions to everyone group.

I guess you are using Windows server edition, follow the article for adding everyone user. Once you are done with the setup, you can remove the everyone user permissions.

Hi Giri,

I've already shared the folder with 'Everyone' and had given Read/Write permissions.

-Siddharth

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

If you have your schema named ​mySchema​, then adding that to the SEARCH_PATH was correct, and probably should have worked. I'm assuming you changed this when you ran the setup script for the schema? If you don't need to rename your schema and just want to get ThingWorx up and running I would recommend wiping out the schema and re-running that batch files.

I'll keep looking if there is another fix for this that we aren't seeing.

Meg

Hi Meghan,

I did re installation, but this time kept public as schema and it worked.

As of now Thingworx is running fine.

Thanks for your help.

-Siddharth

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

Postgres Error: root entity collection does not exist 

The above link may be helpful as well.

**EDIT** Alright, one more thing, set the path to "$user",mySchema,public

The order matters, and it reads left to right. Since the $user schema most likely doesn't exist it'll ignore that and move on. I'm not sure if the public one exists by default but that may be why ThingWorx was confused because, it was looking there first because it exists and then doesn't find anything. Give it a shot and let me know if that still doesn't work.

Meg

Top Tags