cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Exploring ThingWorx for Completing Work Item tasks

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Exploring ThingWorx for Completing Work Item tasks

I am exploring option to complete work item using a Java or Infoengine tasks. Thingworx has out of the box CompleteWorkItems service. It does not take Voting ( Approve / Reject) as an input parameter. Is there any documentation I can access to figure this out.

So I am wondering if anyone has explored completing the workitem with a Vote option from Windchill side.

Thanks for your help.

Preeti

4 REPLIES 4
mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:PreetiGupta)

Are you seeing this in the Windchill Extension or somewhere else? The CompleteWorkItems is not an OOTB service to my knowledge.

Meghan

Hi

The complete workitems service is part of the Windchill Connector ThingTemplate. If you want to do something more complex you would need to write your own service (Windchill Server Side) either as a I*E task or Windchill REST Class and then call that, with appropriate parameters from ThingWorx.

Pretty much anything you can do in code on the Windchill Server can be initiated from ThingWorx via the Windchill Extension. The ThingWorx part of the process is generally relatively simple. All of the "heavy lifting" is done in Windchill.

Regards

Ian

Hello Preeti,

I am looking for steps to create the DataShapes, InfoTable, and to enable user to view and complete the WorkItems/Workflow Tasks from Custom App.

I see you have already tried few steps. Can you please help me? I am new to ThingWorx.

Thanks.

vingl
6-Contributor
(To:srinivasak)

Hi Team,

Anybody have code or any service for Completing Work items with Voting(Approve, Reject and Revise options), Please share with me. Thanks and awaiting. 

@srinivasak wrote:

Hello Preeti,

I am looking for steps to create the DataShapes, InfoTable, and to enable user to view and complete the WorkItems/Workflow Tasks from Custom App.

I see you have already tried few steps. Can you please help me? I am new to ThingWorx.

Thanks.

Top Tags