cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How do I test the performance of a mashup?

hails.alex91@gm
1-Newbie

How do I test the performance of a mashup?

I have 3 main mashups, and I want to know how long it takes each one of them to load.

So far, I have tried two things:

- Logging a message when the "Loaded" event is triggered by my base Mashup

• This does not work because teh event is triggered when the mashup layout is finished loading, but not before all other mashups on the screen are loaded

- Logging messages when the "ServiceInvokeComplete" event gets triggered at the end of each service that gets called by my Mashup

• This is triggered when the Service has been invoked, but does not trigger when the service is finished executing
  • In this case, I am using a repeater and i get the logging message as soon as it is called, but i still see things appearing on my screen as the repeater finishes executing

My application is not performing as well as it should be. I need to identify performance bottlenecks.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure what browser environment you use, but if you hit F12 in Chrome or if you load Firebug for Firefox, you'll see all the calls and how long they take to load. (set the developer window to Network)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not sure what browser environment you use, but if you hit F12 in Chrome or if you load Firebug for Firefox, you'll see all the calls and how long they take to load. (set the developer window to Network)

Thanks for the response Pai!

Using Firebug worked well...unfortunately i know need to collect the same data for an iPad. Any suggestions on a tool i can use to do this?

• I have downloaded Firebug Lite, but it does not track network requests
  • I have tried Web Inspector, but because I have to select 'Record' and because I cannot start recording until the page has been opened, I miss a good chunk of data

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Top Tags