cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

See multiple markers on google widget

fmanniti
9-Granite

See multiple markers on google widget

I have a ThingShape ->ThingTemplate ->25 Things.

Each thing has its own location. I have a stream and from the service GetStreamEntries I can see all them locations into the infotable.

1) Is it possible to bind those information to the googlemap widget in order to see all my 25 locations in the same time?

2) Is it possible to give to each marker on google map widget a different icon?

3) Is it possible, if I click on the marker, to make appear a small box with some information?

5 REPLIES 5

About point 1 I got myself the answer:

• Create a Datashape
  • Create a Stream
  • Into thing Shape add a submission which add Stream Entries
  • Into the mashup add the stream in Data
  • Bind all data to the widget

It works but I have a question from this:

Sometimes my locations changes; what I want on my mashup is only the current location and not all the history.

I explain myself better:

I have Thing_1 located in Milan; after one hour Thing_1 will be in London. Into my stream I'll have both Milan and London locations, that means I will see two markers on my widget but I only want to see London and no longer Milan.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:fmanniti)

Fabio, different Marker colors for different locations is not possible at the moment. With the existing styling options, you can change the default Marker style, the style when you select a Marker, start and end Markers. Regarding the 3rd part, you can use tooltips to display a box/ area to display whatever content you require.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fmanniti)

Hi Fabio,

You can use State formatting to show different icons in Google Map.

Check this article that I wrote on PTC.com for more information https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS235093&lang=en_US

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Thank you both of you.

Very useful

I only want to set one thing:

about the tooltips it doesn't seem to work very well.

If I hover the mouse on the markers I can only see it for the first one; then it works only sometimes and not for all markers

Top Tags