cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Display issues when using organizational permissions

byutz
1-Newbie

Display issues when using organizational permissions

My team and I are currently working on a demo where users will be part of different companies.  We have created 2 organizations, 1 for each company.  I removed the "users" group from the "everyone" organization so that all users wont automatically have access to everything.  I have went through and added the permissions in almost every object and mashup I think necessary but I am having a few issues.  It seems that my graphics have now disappeared when i login as a member or 1 organization.  My listboxes function but dont display correctly and only my upper level mashup services run.  Is there a more comprehensive guide somewhere?  I am sure I am missing a necessary permission but just have no clue where to look.

11 REPLIES 11
paic
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

The first place I'd look is the Application Log, do you have any errors showing there?

Besides that visibility on the first pass is painful, you have to make sure that each and every entity receives the proper visibility setting, including Media Entities, Templates, Shapes etc.

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thank you for the suggestion!  The application error log really helped nail down what we didn't have permission for.  Another helpful note is that you need to give the group permission in the subsystems item or else everything wont render correctly.

Hi Brian,

How do you remove the "users" group from the "everyone" organization? There is no control next to the users group.

Thanks

Pavan

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:paripirala)

Hi Pavan,

Go to Composer->Organizations->Everyone.

Edit Eveyone organization.

From EntityInformation->Organization->Members; remove Users group.

Save.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Ankit, Thanks again... I cannot remove the Users group. There is no control available for me to do so. See the image. We are using 7.1.2-b50.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 9.31.49 PM.png

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:paripirala)

Are you logged in as Administrator?

Yes I am logged in as Administrator.

Maybe it has been locked out on this rev, 7.1.2?  I checked an instance I have of 7.0 and there is an X by the Users group where I can remove it.  Yours definitely doesn't have it.  Just for fun, have you tried another web browser?

Hi Brian, at your suggestion I tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari and there is no X next to the users group. Thanks

Pavan, can you clear your browser cache and retry? Or possibly open it in a private/ incognito window?

We figured out that the issue was with the extension that we wrote. We will be working to fix that extension.

Thank you Ravi, Brian and Ankit for your help.

Top Tags