cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Configuring and Executing the PostgreSQL Database Script (Windows)

jflaherty
1-Newbie

Configuring and Executing the PostgreSQL Database Script (Windows)

Hi

im new to thingworx , i am havine trouble installing trial , i have installed tomcat and java no problem

i have installed PostgreSQL , i am currently in pgAdmin at the stage below

1. Add the /bin folder to your system path variable.

2. Obtain and open thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat from the ThingWorx software download package.

3. Configure the script. Reference the configuration options in the table below.

i dont really understand how to do this stage and would like some help please

Thank you in advance

John

1 REPLY 1

Hi John,

As you've already installed tomcat, java and postgresql, you are close to complete the task.

• In your step 1, you are defining the environment variable for postgresql.
  • Step 2 is about configuring the two bat files (namely thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat and thingworxPostgresSchemasetup.bat) - where you got to open and make sure you have the correct *tablespace_location, user credentials etc.,
  • Step 3, As you've configured the scripts (in step 2), now you got to execute the files using 'Run as Administrator'. It should prompt for 'twadmin' password.

Let me know if you are stuck at some point and facing some issues/errors.

-Giri

*Note: the tablespace_location should be updated with the location of ThingworxPostgresqlStorage directory. i.e., in windows - C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

Top Tags