cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Migration Issue

adityaku
1-Newbie

Migration Issue

While migrating things from version 6.5 to 7.1.2 version.

We are getting below error:

Error importing: error, Import Failed: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the property provider.] .

We have already imported all the necessary datashape and Thingtemplate.

9 REPLIES 9

Can you try importing while checking the box labeled "Use Default Persistence Provider"? Let me know if that changes anything.

Hi Tori,

We have tried to import by checking the box "use default provider" also, but it's nit working.

The same thing is working in 6.5  version.

Thanks,

Aditya Kumar

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:adityaku)

Aditya, this is the Postgres version, correct? Are you trying this as an admin-level user?

Hi Ravi,

Yes we are trying this with admin level user.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:adityaku)

Do you have all of the necessary extensions installed? Are the entitiesd you are  trying to import a part of an extension?

If you are using the postgresql, have you updated the DB schemes consecutively (i.e, running the script from 6.5 to 6.6, then 6.6 to 7.0, 7.0 to 7.1)?

katte
1-Newbie
(To:posipova)

@Aditya​, I would agree with Polina and would like to add few comments. The issue is quite frequent for 6.5 to 7.0 migration, inorder to overcome the dependency issues, I would suggest to go for an incremental migration i.e., 6.5 to 6.6, 6.6 to 7.0 etc.,

Also, let us know if you were using 6.5 Postgres.

-Giri

pgupta-2
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

We are using version Thingworx 6.5.0-b460, and I think we are not using Postgresql. and

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:katte)

Hi Giri/Polina,

Is there any other way around or you have came across similar issue. Because doing incremental upgrades will be a tedious task since the application contains huge data and would need longer downtime for the application and that's a challenge for us to ask the stakeholder for such tenure.

I guess instead of doing multiple minor upgrades,we can go for lesser count of major upgrades like from 6.5 to 7.0 and then to proposed version. Please let us know if this can do the fix.

Neo might reduce the migration tediousness. I guess, 'in-place' migration might be the best bit at this moment. Did you try in-place migration with the updated extensions?

Top Tags