cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do I write a wrapper service to be used by non-admin user to create a thing?

SajidPatel
8-Gravel

How do I write a wrapper service to be used by non-admin user to create a thing?

Is there a way to write a wrapper service that can call another service as a different user? I want to be able to create new things from a service, but for security reasons do not want to add the users to be part of admin group. I am wondering, if this service can delegate the task of creating things to another service which will be executed by an admin user.

3 REPLIES 3

Sajid, you can leverage the use of System User. Here's a link to the System User section in our Help Center. Please do note that this can be used for very specific use cases (like your Create Thing). We definitely do not recommend using this throughout the platform.

Hi Aanjan - do you have some sample code that invokes a service as system user?

Can you access this tutorial link? That goes through the concept and has content both in a text and video form on how to set it up.

Top Tags