cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Widget and screen resolution

cbasile
1-Newbie

Widget and screen resolution

Hello,

I have some trouble on my mashup because i got a layout which fit different screen resolution but the widgets put in will not be at the same spot.

Is there any way to get the Mashup proprieties (width and height) and use it or fix my widget ?

I got a picture on my mashup background that's why i need them to fit any screen resolution.

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:cbasile)

This is what I always wanted to achieve, gave up though.

This is not possible from several reasons:

Pai correct if I am wrong.

Widget's Positions are not bindable properties.

Responsive mashup does not expose its size, because it is not defined before its created (initialized in DOM).

You would have to customize standard widgets to accept position as bindable property and you would have to expose mashup's size as event so the non.responsive elements could redraw.

When I am forced to do layouts and floorplans with buttons, shapes, grids on them, I am always using static mashups.

I am using those almost always, I am using responsive only for dashboards...

Tomas

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you put a panel inside a panel you can anchor your widgets.

not sure if that will resolve your issue.

I already tried :/
I only need to know the main Layout size (because he fit the scree resolution) and use it for the size of others
But i haven't find any way to get them ...

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That will not work for static widgets.

One thought would be to use layouts and a Shape posing as a button.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

This is what I always wanted to achieve, gave up though.

This is not possible from several reasons:

Pai correct if I am wrong.

Widget's Positions are not bindable properties.

Responsive mashup does not expose its size, because it is not defined before its created (initialized in DOM).

You would have to customize standard widgets to accept position as bindable property and you would have to expose mashup's size as event so the non.responsive elements could redraw.

When I am forced to do layouts and floorplans with buttons, shapes, grids on them, I am always using static mashups.

I am using those almost always, I am using responsive only for dashboards...

Tomas

OK i will do like this so
Perhaps later we will be able to do it  

Thanks for your quick response both of you !

Hi cavril,

i would like to ask, that how you manage to fit the same mashup to different resolution systems?

Thanks

Pravin Pradhan

Top Tags