cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Logout with Single Sign On with Windchill

vgala
1-Newbie

Logout with Single Sign On with Windchill

Without SSO set up I could use CurrentSessionInfo's TerminateUserSession service and it worked fine.

Does any one know how to implement Logout in Thingworx when Single Sign On is Enabled. In my project we are using Single Sign On configured with Windchill. But with SSO enable TerminateUserSession service doesn't logout the user and I am able to access mashup without re-authentication.

4 REPLIES 4

You’ll have to logout from Windchill in this case. How you can achieve that depends on your Windchill logon setup and your browser.

If Windchill is setup with Basic Authentication (not Form-based), there are descriptions in Stackoverflow how to do it, e.g.: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/233507/how-to-log-out-user-from-web-site-using-basic-authentication.

Thanks Moritz for your reply. And yes you are right that we need to logout from Windchill. But I was wondering that if there is any mechanism OOTB in Thingworx which should logout from Windchill. And CurrentSessionInfo's -> TerminateUserSession appeared to me to be doing that. But it doesn't.

May be the only way is to write a service to do it in someway. Now trying to figure out how I can do that.

Single sign-on requires that the same user exist in Windchill and ThingWorx. If you are using Windchill Extension, you can use the option to automatically create users in ThingWorx once they have been authenticated in Windchill. If you do not enable this option or SSO is not used, then the users will need to independently log off from both applications (Windchill and ThingWorx).

Hi mugur.matei, Option to automatically create users in Thingworx is enabled. But question is how do I either invalidate key mechanism established in SSO process in Windchill Extension or invalidate the session from Windchill side. That latter also seems to be tricky as Windchill has different approach to logout.

Top Tags