cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Synchronous data entries to data table

pyekula
1-Newbie

Synchronous data entries to data table

Hi,

Version: Thingworx 7.2

Steps: We are trying to auto update a data table in mashup, so we did following,

- created a property IsUpdated (Boolean) in data table.

- This property is set to true whenever write occurs through service.

- GetProperties of the datatable is used and also checked "Automatically update values when able"

- output of getproperties (IsUpdated) mapped to expression widget, whenever data changed a service is called to retrieve datatable.

Issue: We found that writes into data table entries are happening in asynchronous fashion​, we would like to know, how to make the data write to data table synchronous, so mashup would know exactly when the data table has updated.

Regards,

Penchalaiah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If it's a DataTable writes are done on a Synchronous way. The Asynchronous data storage are Streams and ValueStreams.

Maybe you have more than one transaction trying to access to the same DataTable at the same time, this can make it seem to be Asynchronous, but it isn't, it's just two transactions at the same time ( the first one only sees the data how it was when it started the transaction not how the other transaction it's updating the data ).

Carles.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

If it's a DataTable writes are done on a Synchronous way. The Asynchronous data storage are Streams and ValueStreams.

Maybe you have more than one transaction trying to access to the same DataTable at the same time, this can make it seem to be Asynchronous, but it isn't, it's just two transactions at the same time ( the first one only sees the data how it was when it started the transaction not how the other transaction it's updating the data ).

Carles.

I am sorry I got information from team members, that we are trying to write into streams. Is it possible to synchronize it.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:pyekula)

Streams are asynchronous but you can specify the timestamp for the entry.

Thank you for clarification

Top Tags