cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to create a thingworx service by using java sdk and implement in mashup. if there is any example, it will helpful for me to learn more on that. please help me.

glucas
1-Newbie

how to create a thingworx service by using java sdk and implement in mashup. if there is any example, it will helpful for me to learn more on that. please help me.

Hi,

I tried to import "TW_Download_Java SDK".

Before importing, i validated the zip file.  i got the error as "Extension must have a metadata.xml file".  i don't how to proceed.

how to create thingworx service by using java and implement the same in the mashup.

please help me if you have any documentation.

Thanks & Regards

Gnanamuthu Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:glucas)

Hi Gnanamuthu, you'll have to set up the Java SDK preferably in a Java IDE something like Eclipse or Netbeans and you'll have to install /configure it to connect to the Thingworx platform. Since you have downloaded the package, after unzipping it you can navigate to the doc folder which include the ThingWorx_Java_SDK_Developers_Guide_Vxx.pdf. In that PDF navigate to the chapter 1 Getting Started with the ThingWorx Java SDK > Installing and Navigating the Java SDK Directories.

This should help you up and running additionally you'll notice sample folder which include the java code helping you jump start your own projects (also include code for creating your own services which you can then refer in the platform)

You simply can't import the Java SDK in the platform.

Hope this helps.

katte
1-Newbie
(To:glucas)

The Java SDK can't be imported into the Thingworx platform. It should be used as an external library in IDEs like Eclipse IDE, Netbeans, IntelliJ IDE etc., and can build extensions based on it.

There is also a Eclipse ThingWorx plugin, which makes extension development quite easy. In the extension code, you can create entities, properties, services etc., please follow the Extension Developers Guide and Java SDK developers Guide. 

Thanks,

Giri

Hi Gnanamuthu, If you open that "TW_Download_Java SDK".zip file, there are samples provided (source code), you can go through that to see how it works.

You will have to use the libraries provided in that archive to start development of application, just like a regular standalone java application, and you will add dependency jars.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Siva

Top Tags