cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Thingworx Security setup

sr11
1-Newbie

Thingworx Security setup

We would like to set up Thingworx for various set of users

eg. Admin, Designer, Developer, End user (Who can just read things). Even after creating different user groups/users and assigning various permissions, it is still not working. Can any one help?

9 REPLIES 9
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:sr11)

Sujal, do you still have the Users group in the Everyone Organization? If so, please do remove that.

sr11
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did tried that but it is still not allowing the newly added user to create things and other similar actions.

Aanjan
9-Granite

What permissions have you set for the user? Does it error out with a specific message?

sr11
1-Newbie

I created a group with 'Green' in all crud operations, then I added the user to that group.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Have you setup permissions on Resources and Subsystems as well? For example, if you want a user to create to create a Thing, they would need permissions on the EntityServices Resource.

sr11
1-Newbie

I think I missed this, can you pl. suggest any tutorial for initial security setup, the 'Security' section in help does not mention much. So it would be be good to have any step by step guide for basic initial setup.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Can you try accessing this link? That tutorial goes over the security aspects.

sr11
1-Newbie

I could not access the precisionLMS with my PTC account. Does it require any special privileges?

Aanjan
9-Granite

I believe it is part of PTC eLearning. Have you signed up for or had gone through any specific training materials?

Top Tags