cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Organization Display Questions

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Organization Display Questions

Is there a way to display the Organization trees as shown (like below example) in a mashup?

I also need to be able to view users/members and assets based on the organization hierarchy.

People in the root unit/organizational group (ThingsOrganization) would be able to view the entire organization, users and assets.

People in New Unit 3 would only be able to see New Unit 4 and New Unit 6 as well as the assets and users assigned to New Unit 4 and New Unit 6.

Any advice/information on how I could approach this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:pbaierl)

I tried this on my local instance, and it worked fine. Mine is pretty much getting that service in -

var params = {

maxDepth: undefined /* NUMBER */

};

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: OrganizationConnection

var result = Organizations["Everyone"].GetOrganizationConnections(params);

and setting the output to Infotable. Now, if you hit test, it should bring back an Infotable with populated rows. Binding this service to the Grid with 'ShowAllColumns' checked should display all data in your Mashup.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Paul,

About Tree visualization --> no there isn't this kind of widget, the two available options to render a tree:

To recover Organization hierarchy, you should use service: GetOrganizationConnections

About viewing users on each Organization node, you should leverage Organization service:

• GetMembers(name) --> Get Organizational Unit (name) user members

About viewing assets with a given Organizational Unit visibility... That will be really hard. You should iterate over all your platform Things/ThingShapes/ThingTemplates/Networks/... everything, and call GetVisibilityPermissions, and then check if this Organizational Unit it's there, a really time consuming task.

Carles,

Where can I find the GetOrganizationConnections service?

I have been looking but didn't see it.  I see the OrganizationConnections entity, but I haven't been able to find a service to return the organization connections.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Aanjan
9-Granite

Paul, that is a service on your Organization entity itself. For example, add a new service and choose your Organization entity in the Entities tab. GetOrganizationConnections is a service available under the OrgUnits category.

org.JPG

pbaierl
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan,

Thanks for the quick response.  I found the service as you said.  I can test the service and it seems to work correctly when using the test button. 

However, I cannot get any data to show up in my mashup.  I can see that my service returns X number of rows using the trace window, but nothing is displayed in my tree widget or my grid.

Any thoughts as to why my service isn't updating the grid or tree?  My service returns an info table and takes in nothing.

Thanks,

Paul

Aanjan
9-Granite

Can you try selecting/ checking 'ShowAllColumns' box in your Grid's properties window?

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Yes, and this had no effect.  I checked the logger and did a trace.  Neither show an issue.  The trace shows that 15 rows were returned when nothing is displayed in the grid.

I am using an administrator login, verified I enabled permissions for visibility, and permissions to execute the service.

Is it possible I am not returning the proper format?  My service just returns an info table with the results. 

Aanjan
9-Granite

I tried this on my local instance, and it worked fine. Mine is pretty much getting that service in -

var params = {

maxDepth: undefined /* NUMBER */

};

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: OrganizationConnection

var result = Organizations["Everyone"].GetOrganizationConnections(params);

and setting the output to Infotable. Now, if you hit test, it should bring back an Infotable with populated rows. Binding this service to the Grid with 'ShowAllColumns' checked should display all data in your Mashup.

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Aanjan,

Thank you for all your help!  It is working as I had expected now.  I had originally set a maxDepth value I am not sure if that's what caused the problem or not.  However, I made the changes you mentioned and everything is working as expected now.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Paul

Aanjan
9-Granite

No problem, glad you got that working!

Top Tags