cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to set a value on opening a page

fmanniti
9-Granite

How to set a value on opening a page

Hi, I want to make a kind of Facebook notify icon when I have new alerts.

I created a helper thing with these properties:

NumberOfNewAlerts //Number

HasNewAlerts //Boolean

NumberOfUnackAlerts //Number

HasUnackAlerts //Boolean

through a subscription in my template (where the event is the new alert) I set NumberOfNewAlerts +=1 and HasNewAlerts = true.

I would like a service that, anytime I open my AlertMashup, will set

NumberOfNewAlerts =0 and HasNewAlerts = false.

Is there a way to know when I open my page?

Plus, this service must depend per user because if I have three users (A, B and C) which are allowed to see the project; I want that NumberOfNewAlerts refers to the actual new alerts to the user.

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:fmanniti)

Fabio, if you always want to trigger that when opening a page, you can possibly write a service to fetch and set your value (something like GetProperties) and set that to trigger at Mashup Load.

fmanniti
9-Granite
(To:Aanjan)

Yes, I've done something quite similar but my actual problem is:

Let's say I have my alert's page open and I keep it open of one hour.

Since my service triggers at opening page I have my values reset when I open it;

but if a new alerts happens in that hour I don't want my NumberOfNewAlerts properties to increase because, if my Alert Page is open I guess I am already seeing new alerts incoming.

I don't know if I was clear enough.

So, in other words, I want my subscription which sets NumberOfNewAlerts +=1 and HasNewAlerts = true only works when Alert Mashup  page is closed.

Aanjan
9-Granite

I don't believe you can track if a page is open or not. If you use Popup Mashups, for example, you can trigger a 'close popup' event; that doesn't hold up for standard Mashups. I was going to suggest using user session information next, but that would hold true for the entire user session, regardless of whether the Mashup is open or closed.

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hi, in the version 7.2.0 release notes, there's a feature enhancement of Mashup Builder: "Added the ability to update properties automatically in a mashup". I don't know what does it mean exactly but maybe it could help.

Top Tags