cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

connectivity problem (raspberry pi to thingworx platfrom )

ds-21
1-Newbie

connectivity problem (raspberry pi to thingworx platfrom )

i face connecitivity problem (raspberry pi to thingworx platfrom ).i attached my screen shot also. Any one help

Running Example #3: minimal agent w/ property

/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/node_modules/thingworx-api/api.js:60

throw new Error(util.format('Error initalizing thingworx API - returned erro

^

Error: Error initalizing thingworx API - returned error code 1004

at setApiInitializationOptions (/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/node_modules/thingworx-api/api.js:60:9)

at Api.setConfigOptions (/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/node_modules/thingworx-api/api.js:187:26)

at new Api (/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/node_modules/thingworx-api/api.js:107:7)

at new getApi (/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/node_modules/thingworx-api/api.js:259:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/examples/three/index.js:24:11)

at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)

at Module.load (module.js:355:32)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:501:10)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:ds-21)

Dinesh, error code 1004 could also mean invalid host address. Can you recheck/ verify that your host ip address is correct?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:ds-21)

Dinesh, error code 1004 could also mean invalid host address. Can you recheck/ verify that your host ip address is correct?

ds-21
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

ya i find it and resolve it. thank you

dinesh s  Please attach/double check  your config.json file to see if details provided there are correct.

Furthermore , Did you make the required changes to index.js in thingworx-nodejs-agent/thingworx-agent-examples/examples/three/ folder.

Make sure the  the "exampleThing” variable is set to the name of the Remote Thing that you created earlier (i.e. “HomeLight0”).

Dinesh ,where is your Thingworx platform running ? on local laptop (on which IP changes very frequently ) or on server  where IP is fixed , the catch is , when you put the ip of machine on which  thingworx is running in config.json , and you change your network( from office to  home or vice -versa ) , IP changes and you have to counter that changes in config.json file .

Top Tags