cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unable to import datashape with extension

cscholtz
1-Newbie

Unable to import datashape with extension

I have followed the extention development guide but whenever my datashapes are imported along with my extention they appear uneditable. I've tried to export the datashapes both to file and as source control entities and I've tried to set visibility permissions but it has no effect. I then imported them to my project using import in the file menu in eclipse.

I can see the datashapes but the only way to access them in the explorer is to click the magnifying glass, the shape name itself appears in black not blue and i cant click on it or see the edit button.

I've attached an extention I made to test the import and the original exported datashape.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been working with Christiaan on this and it seems that extensions were utilizing an undesired functionality in pre-7.0 ThingWorx versions.

A specific flag is needed within the extension package to make a entity editable. This has been reinforced in the ThingWorx 7.0 release and should be considered by extension developers...

See also https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS247078

I hope that clarifies the behavior you guys are seeing.

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Could someone at least try to import the extension to confirm that you see the same problem, please?

Christiaan Scholtz​ can you Share some screenshot , I tried importing the above .xml and zip and both were successfully imported in Thingworx 7.2.1image_after importing Tweetsdata_xml2.PNGimage2_after import.PNG

Thank you Ravi Upadhyay.

What I meant was to import the zip file as an extension from the import menu. Doing so should install the datashapes. But you will see they are not editable.

Could you try that?

In the attached image I import, then you see the datashapes uneditable (cant be clicked on , unlike the others) , even though they have all permissions.

datashapeExtension.jpeg

I've been working with Christiaan on this and it seems that extensions were utilizing an undesired functionality in pre-7.0 ThingWorx versions.

A specific flag is needed within the extension package to make a entity editable. This has been reinforced in the ThingWorx 7.0 release and should be considered by extension developers...

See also https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS247078

I hope that clarifies the behavior you guys are seeing.

Cheers,

Michael

Thank You @Michael for explanation.  I should have checked the KCS too.

Thanks anyways for the help

Top Tags