cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Has anyone gotten the PDF Extension to work?

jwilliams11
6-Contributor

Has anyone gotten the PDF Extension to work?

Hi.  I'm trying to use the PDF Extension by PTC downloaded from the ThingWorx Marketplace, but I keep getting the following error when I test the CreatePDF service from within the PDFExport Thing in Composer:

Error: invalid page URL input. The ServerAddress is: <mashup URL>

I get this error regardless of the mashup URL I plug into the "Server Address" input parameter.

Unfortunately this extension is not supported by ThingWorx and is provided in "as-is" condition, as stipulated in the information provide in the Marketplace.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc?

Thanks,

Jeff

7 REPLIES 7

Jeff, I tested this out and it looks like it works over http - so if you have ThingWorx hosted on 8080 (or 80), try the same with this url - http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=LogViewer

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Aanjan)

I think you can also use <server>/Thingworx/Mashups/NameOfMashup

jwilliams11
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Pai and Aanjan,

I'm still getting the same "invalid URL input" error whether I use "<server>/Thingworx/Mashups/NameOfMashup" or "<server>/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=NameOfMashup".  One thing I didn't mention is that I'm not providing values for the "ThingWorxuser" and "ThingWorxPassword" input parameters when I run the service, because we use CAC authentication to connect to ThingWorx, instead of a userid/password.  Could this be the issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jwilliams11)

Does it work when you provide the user name and password?

Part of this is that if your auth is for the client that logs in, this is executing Server side I believe before coming back to the client side.

jwilliams11
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Pai,

Given that I'm at a government installation and using a CAC (common access card) to access all IT resources, I don't have a ThingWorx username and password that I can use in the input parameters.  Hopefully the service doesn't require the username and password - if so, I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:jwilliams11)

Obviously this is a very late response, but researchers may need an answer.  The "CreatePDF" service on the "PDFExport" Resource does seem to require a Thingworx user name and password to run the service and save the result file in a Thingworx repository. 

It is also necessary to add the .pdf extension to the "OutputFileName" to get a proper PDF file output since the service doesn't seem to add the extension.

I was able to get the service to work after reading the extension user guide and finding this info:

"(ServerAddress) must end in /Runtime/index.html#mashup=mashup_name. It will not work with Thingworx/Mashups/mashup_name. You can however pass url parameters."

Also Aanjan Ravi​'s comment: "if you have ThingWorx hosted on 8080 (or 80), try the same with this url - http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#mashup=LogViewer"

kthamma
6-Contributor
(To:Ascherer17)

I ran the service on my mashup , i am not sure where it saved the file, i would want the pdf to be stored in my local, is that possible?

Top Tags