cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How does Aspects Work in ThingWorx

sreddy-41
1-Newbie

How does Aspects Work in ThingWorx

Hi,

I am new to ThingWorx, Could some one please help me with use of Aspects while defining properties.

I have written a sample application using Java SDK with aspects defined for every property, but even thought i have set DataChangeType and PushType aspects for one of the property as NEVER, value changes are still reflecting in Platform, Please advice if i am missing something here.

In my mind, when i set the aspect as NEVER, value is never supposed to reach to Thingworx platform (cache).

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sreddy-41)

It may be that the platform is overriding the settings. Set the platform property aspects to 'always read from cache'

Thanks for the response Pai, I have done that, the idea was not to call edge services every time i want to fetch the property values, so aspect is set as 'read from server cache' rather 'fetched from remote every read'

Did Pai's suggestion resolve this issue for you? If so, you may want to consider marking it correct to help other community members.

Thanks!

Tori

Top Tags