cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

"An error occurred resolving the HTTP Header special validation key for cookie; falling back to generic validation."

magrawal
1-Newbie

"An error occurred resolving the HTTP Header special validation key for cookie; falling back to generic validation."

Hi,

we are receiving data through REST API into thingworx but when I monitored application I found that we are getting an error "An error occurred resolving the HTTP Header special validation key for cookie; falling back to generic validation." in every second even when we are receiving data.
I am not facing any problem because of the error but want to know the reason of the error and how could I resolve it.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:magrawal)

Hi Meenakshi Agrawal​,

It seems that this is known issue for ThingWorx 6.5.2+ and is already fixed in ThingWorx version 7.0.0. Reference Jira number: TW-4147.

Please refer to KCS article CS230708 for details.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I am running Thingworx 6.6.0 on cloud. Do you have any idea about how this error could be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Meenakshi

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:magrawal)

Hi Meenakshi Agrawal​,

The issue might be occurring on your instance because Old ESAPI .properties files are being used

Try following:

1. Take a backup of ESAPI.properties and validation.properties files from ThingworxStorage\esapi folder.

2. Stop ThingWorx tomcat service.

3. Delete the ESAPI.properties and validation.properties files from ThingworxStorage\esapi folder.

4. Start the ThingWorx tomcat service and new ESAPI.properties and validation.properties files will be created.

If the issue still persist I would suggest you to open a case with PTC TS for further investigation.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Top Tags