cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to add entry in two different data tables

nparikh
2-Guest

Unable to add entry in two different data tables

Hello,

I have two data shape and both have primary key, I have created two different data table and assigned previously created data shape.

Now I am adding record in first data table with primary key value 1 (successfully added) But I get error that Entry With This Key Already Exists when I add record in second data table with primary key value 1.

Isn't Key different for different data table ?

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:nparikh)

The DataTables should be independent of each other. You can use a DataShape on different DataTables without having to worry about any cross overs. Do you have two primary keys set in the DataShape by any chance?

No there is a only one primary key per DataShape and I have assigned separate DataShape to DataTable, Still I was getting error, Tested on 6.4, Now, I have to check on 6.5 but facing upgrade issues.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Would it be possible for you export and upload the specific entities?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3mnz66d8zynb0a5/AADgk4tHvPnmmYYQnJQT08Bla?dl=0

You can import entities following sequence

1 - DataShapes_GroupObjectDS.xml

2 - Things_groupObjects.xml

3 - DataShapes_TestInsert.xml

4 - Things_TestInsertDT.xml

Now, If you try to insert in TestInsertDT with id_num = 1 you may get error that Entry With This Key Already Exists

Let me know if you have problem in download

Aanjan
9-Granite

As you can see, I don't have any issues adding DataTable entries -

query.JPG

What service are you using to add the entries? Also, what entries do you see if you run the QueryDataTableEntries service on TestInsertDT ?

Hi Thanks for the details,

I have upgraded to 6.5 and tried to reproduce same thing but it's works fine now, I guess there was some sort of bug or ghost entity issue.

Top Tags