cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

LDAP User Creation in First Sucessfull Login

athounaojamamar
3-Visitor

LDAP User Creation in First Sucessfull Login

HI,

I have an application with ldap. Now I have to create a user in both LDAP and ThingWorx.

What I would like to do is create the user in LDAP only, and when user tries to login for the first time it will create the user in Thingworx (without the Password) if the login succeed or else user will not be created.

Is this possible?

I have tried to find login service but not found.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Amirjit,

I am also interested in this subject. Have you figured it out yet?

Thanks

Tomas

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:tcoufal)

Hi Tomas Coufal​,

Enhancement Jira PSPT-2247 (Automatically import users from LDAP on first authentication attempt) is open with R&D for the same.

I suppose article CS221840 will be helpful meanwhile.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:ankigupta)

Hi Ankit,

thanks for that. Is there a way how to track Jira tickets? We would like to (well we need to) know when this is going to be ready.

More importantly we are relying on LDAPS, well our customer does. In that document it states that LDAPS is currently not yet supported by ThingWorx, but that document was created in DEC 15 and edited in JUN 16, in release notes for TW 7.1.1 is:

Enhancements

Platform

Related JIRA

Added the ability to configure a DirectoryService thing with LDAPS or LDAP. The protocolfield has been added to the DirectoryServices LDAP settings (can be configured with ldap orldaps).

TW-5224

However we tried it against ActiveDirectory and ApacheDS and neither worked, LDAP worked fine.

Any info about this? Should I open up a case?

Thanks

Tomas

keriw
1-Newbie

Tomas,

We have created a marketplace extension that supports LDAP/LDAPS user creation and removal.  Additionally, it can be configured for pass through authentication.  There is a cost associated with the extension, but it is currently available in the marketplace.  If you have any questions or would like to see a demonstration, I am more than happy to facilitate that.  Feel free to contact me at Keri.Wright@callistointegration.com

Here is the link to request it, out in the marketplace and it has a brief overview of the functionality.

ThingWorx IoT Marketplace » Active Directory Integration

Thanks,

Keri

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:keriw)

Hi Keri,

I have used the contact form yesterday. Could you check if it got through?

I would appreciate a demo. We have managed to get the LDAPS working. So for now what we need is automatic user creation upon successful authentification.

Thanks

Tomas

keriw
1-Newbie

Tomas,

It usually takes a few days for the request to come to me, feel free to contact me at Keri.Wright@callistointegration.com.

Thanks,

Keri

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

So LDAPS actually works, what ThingWorx failed to mention is that you need to export SSL/TLS certificate from your LDAPS server. You need to to save it on your ThingWorx machine in keystore using java command and change the Java start up settings on Tomcat to use this keystore as source for public fingerprints.

Duh....

Top Tags