cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is Thingworx multi-tenanted

bnightingale
1-Newbie

Is Thingworx multi-tenanted

We would like to be able to use the thingworx product to host and analyse multiple customers data.  Would Thingworx deemed to be multitenanted, or do you have to do a whole lot of config to get it to support that kind of feature.  Any documentation and detail is very sparse on this topic.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Brad,

ThingWorx model can be Multitenant, but not the whole system.

I mean, through organizations visibility you can cut Model visibility perfectly, but you always will have some common configuration (like User Session Expiration time,. .. ), and the end point will be allways the same ( hard to get something like tw.customer1.com, tw.customer2.com,... )

By the way, we build perfectly a multi-tenant solution with ThingWorx, we build a vertical solution meant for multiple customers, and visibility it's ok. But this is not easy to reach, as always with Security, Visibility and so, it will depend on the solution you want to build.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Thanks for your response.

So it sounds to me like you have one install, and then using that install, and user management, you can provide permissions to mashups and data?

That would be enough for us.  We essentially want to be able to have one server, and host multiple customers data / mashups etc on it.  It sounds like from what you say this is possible, with some finer constraints.

Brad

Hi Carles..

Just out of curiosity, if you knew you were going to have 5000+ customers accessing your multitenant solution, and each customer would have over 500k things (2.5 billion+ things in your system) would you still go with a mutlitenant solution or would you just replicate your TWX instance for each customer? 

Yea for sure a server per customer, for a lot of reasons, first of all you are talking on lots of connections not just lots of data.

My thoughts, too.  Thanks for your insight!

And depending on the post processing needed, or the nature of the data, you may need more than one server per customer...

Yes it's totally possible for sure

Top Tags