cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error when following "ThingWorx Java SDK Setup Guide"

llevan
3-Visitor

Error when following "ThingWorx Java SDK Setup Guide"

Hi,

I've tried to following the 'ThingWorx Java SDK Setup Guide' but i'm facing several problem.

First of all, there is no link to the Java SDK. I went to the marketplace to download it. Then I follow instruction until the "Composer Entities Setup" step. I searched for ThingWorxEntitiesExport.xml but only ExampleExport.xml so i tried to import it and facing "Error importing: error, Import Failed: Validation Failure: Thing FirstFloorSteamSensor Had An Invalid DataShape [SteamSensorReadingsPlus] assigned to the result type in service [GetSteamSensorReadings]".

Does someone know how to fix it ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Laurent,

It looks like the full zip drive is not included in a link from the setup guide. I've attached the link to the source code and the entities file.

Java SDK - Google Drive

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Laurent Le Van

I am just seeing you are doing it right., and I confirm that there is no ThingWorxEntitiesExport.xml but only ExampleExport.xml which is not in line with  instructions given in Guide .

I have a work around , give me some time , let me test i first and I will let you know then.

Hello Laurent,

It looks like the full zip drive is not included in a link from the setup guide. I've attached the link to the source code and the entities file.

Java SDK - Google Drive

Thank you for the link !

Laurent , you just need to download the correct Java SDK Zip file from the link Jason mentioned , and there you will find ThingWorxEntitiesExport.xml and it willl be imported without error and then you need to continue following the same steps.

Ok thank you it's work now !

mludyga
1-Newbie
(To:llevan)

Hey guys,

I have the same problem as Laurent Le Van. I have only the ExampleExport.xml and even if I download from the link that Jason Johnson posted, I dont get the ThingWorxEntitiesExport.xml file.

Please download the zip file from Java SDK - Google Drive   .

You will find the ThingWorxEntitiesExport.xml file. downloaded from here.

Let me know if it helps.

it works now, thank you.

Top Tags